BALLROOM & LATIN DANCE CLASSES!
𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘘𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙉 𝘿𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙞𝙨 𝙀𝙕 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦!
𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚎, 𝚁𝚑𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚖 & 𝚂𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐
Special GOLD & PLATINUM Dance Programmes:
- 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚜, 𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚙𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚜 & 𝚝𝚞𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜!
- 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎-𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚛!
• 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗔 – 𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘩𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘮𝘴 & 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘨. 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘷. 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴;
• 𝗞𝗜𝗭𝗢𝗠𝗕𝗔 (& 𝗭𝗼𝘂𝗸) – 𝘣𝘦𝘨. 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘷. 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘈𝘳𝘨. 𝘛𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘰 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴;
• 𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗔 (& 𝗠𝗮𝗺𝗯𝗼) – 𝘰𝘯-1 𝘷𝘴 𝘰𝘯-2 𝘳𝘩𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘮 & 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨.
• 𝗖𝗛𝗔 𝗖𝗛𝗔 𝗖𝗛𝗔 (𝗖𝗹𝘂𝗯 𝗦𝘁𝘆𝗹𝗲) – 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯-2 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘩𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘮𝘴.
Schedules & Venues:
- SUNDAYS - 3:00 pm – (1½-2 hrs.) B&L Dance Classes (Beg. to Adv.):
- Level II - CLX Gym, Center of Excellence (Main Bldg.), Macoya.
- TUESDAYs - 6:00 pm – Ballroom-Latin & Club-Latin Dance Classes:
- Kaiso Blues Cafe, Wrightson Road (behind SWWTU Hall), POS. (Temporarily Suspended)
- TUES-NITE's – 8:30 pm+ - CALDATT TUES-Nites' All-Dance Party:
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗔𝗕𝗗𝗔 – “𝘞𝘦 𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘛𝘰 𝘋ANCE!”🤗
Join our WhatsApp NewsLetter for Classes & Activity Updates
SPECIAL VIDEO COLLECTIONS!
SALSA & LATIN MIX BACHATA (Tutorials) KIZOMBA / ZOUK (Caribbean) Argentine TANGO
Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
2. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 - Dance Performers & Choreographers;
3. 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 - All Dancers, Tutors, Trainers & Performers.
Also check out our Special Programme Packages for classes at any / all venues & more!
Schedules & Venues:
- SUNDAYs - 3:00 - 5:00 pm – (1½-2 hrs.) B&L Dance Classes:
- TUESDAYs Dance Class & TUES-NITEs – 6:00+ pm
- Dance Classes & Open-House (OH) Workshops
- TUES-NITEs All-Dance Party – 8:30+ pm
- Kaiso Blues Cafe, Wrightson Road (behind OWTU Hall), POS.
REGISTER NOW for our Dance Programmes!
and start FEELING, LOOKING & DANCING like a *STAR*
Discover the Passion of the Argentine TANGO, Caribbean Smooth Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Zouk / Kizomba, Cha Cha, Rumba & Latin 3-Step and more . . . Dance Styles, Technique & Musicality . . . see "Programmes & Schedules" TABs for more!
1. REGISTER NOW for Certification Coaching Programmes (IDTA, ISTD, DIVIDA (Davida), DanceSport, etc.) & Special International Certifications in Dance Studies for Dance Tutors, Schools, Achievers & more - (All Optional).
2. GOLD or PLATINUM CLUB Memberships available now and loaded with goodies . . . GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
BALLROOM & LATIN (B&L) Dance Programme Start FEELING, LOOKING & DANCING like a STAR!
NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS & VENUE:
Each Regular Class Day include 1 BALLROOM-Latin & 1 CLUB-Latin Class Session (1-1¼ hr Each Session)
FEES: Drop-In Class Fee = tt$50 per session or tt$70 for both;
Monthly Class Packages:
Any 1 Class-Day Session Weekly - tt$160 /mth. (4-5 Sess./mth.);
Both Class-Day Sessions Weekly - tt$260 /mth. (8-10 Sess./mth.); .
4+ Sessions Weekly (Any Venue) - tt$360 /mth. (16-20+ Sess./mth.).
GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
FTP / TDP & OH Dance Workshops
- PLATINUM CLUB & GOLD Members Benefit Packages
- Tutor Development TDP & FTP Performance Training
We Welcome Beginners to Adv. Dancers, Performers & Tutors to our expanding programmes and opportunities . . . Looking forward to you joining the fun:
BALLROOM & Latin Dances:
- Rumba (Int'l & Amer.), Waltz, Swing / Jive;
CLUB-Latin Dance Styles:
- Merengue, Bachata, Zouk / Kizomba;
* DANCE PROGRAMME SYLLABUS & WORKSHOPS:
* OPEN-HOUSE (OH) WORKSHOPS:
Performers, Tutors, Trainers & Students can register for programme credits towards Assessment & Certification Programmes (Optional) as well as Dance Studies (Practicum) International Certification (CALDATT/CID)
BALLROOM-Latin Dances - Medal Tests & Class Examinations:- ABDA generally follows the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) syllabi with special focus on the Ballroom-Latin Dances and a few of our Ballroom Favorites:
- Rumba (Int'l & Amer.), Waltz, Swing / Jive;
- Samba, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha (Int'l.);
- Argentine TANGO, Latin Line-Dances.
CLUB-Latin Dances - Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
- We add our special blend of Caribbean Flavor, Rhythm & Styling to the various CLUB-Latin Dances, that transcend the basic to advance levels set by the various certification and assessment bodies, to help students and tutors alike to excel to high-performance, professional and an accelerated achievement pathway to their desired goals:
- Merengue, Bachata, Zouk / Kizomba;
- Latin 3-Step, SALSA (On 1 & 2), Pachanga;
- NYC, LA & Cuban Styling SALSA & Rueda;
- Latin Hustle, Cha Cha (Amer./Club-style)
- The Missing Ingredients (Rhythm, Timing & Musicality);
- Free-Style Technique (Lead & Follow, Speed, Balance & Control);
- Silver-Bullet (SB) Dance Programme – Essential Ballroom & Latin Rhythms;
- Caribbean Smooth Salsa (On 1 & 2), Bachata & Latin 3-Step.
Open House (OH) Workshops:
- Secrets of Salsa (SOS) & Latin Dance Crash-Course (CC);
- Zouk & Kizomba Fusion; Cha Cha Cha (Int’l vs Club) Styling ;
- BachaTango and Argentine Tango Technique & Styling for Kizomba;
- Introduction to NeoTango (Narcotango, Improvisation & Free-Styling);
- SOS Hardcore Salsa – Cumbia, Pachanga & Salsa Rueda (Casino Salsa);
- FTP Performance, TDP and Certification Training Programmes.
- Performers, Tutors, Trainers & Students can register for programme credits towards Assessment & Certification Programmes (Optional) as well as Dance Studies (Practicum) International Certification (CID) with CALDATT.
1. REGISTER NOW for CLUB-Latin Certification & Coaching Programmes – for those wishing to Challenge Dance Certification Programmes in the coming period.
2. Can you Get Up To Speed and Ready For the STAGE & LIVE Performances??? . . . Get Ready for the Resurgence of the MAESTROS - the "Men in Black" . vs . the "DIVAs"
. . . Inviting Seasoned Dancers & Choreographers who are fearless, confident, skilled and ready to perform, compete, teach or simply excel and rise to the challenge of mastering 0-60 Performance Choreography in a broad range of dance styles . . . be a Performance MAESTRO or DIVA! . . . all welcomed.
. . . Performance & Choreography Training & Rehearsals . . . for interested dance enthusiasts, performers, groups, tutors and advanced dancers . . . so get on board now and be a part of live stage performances!
. . . B&L Performance Dances: Rumba / Latin 3-Step, Hustle, Salsa / Rueda, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Kizomba / Zouk, Argentine Tango & Latin Dance-Mix Performances!
REGISTER FOR DANCE CLASSES
ABDA Members Club Benefits
GOLD & PLATINUM Member Cards ($300) or Special PLATINUM PRO Membership - ($360) for qualified members.
- Access to Special Bonus Class Credits & FREE Classes;
- 10-20% Special Discounts on ABDA Events & Activities;
- Guest-Passes for the introduction of New Attendees;
- Make-up Sessions for missed Class Package Sessions;
- Access to any Class Venue for Class Package Attendance;
- Exclusive Access to Special Workshops & Classes (Platinum Members);
NOTE: Membership Cards remain current or valid for concurrent monthly class attendance. Any concurrent breaks will attract a card Renewal Fee.
So we have been learning from our students just as much as they have been learning from our B&L Dance Crash-Course and Dance Classes in general, . . . more importantly, we have been made aware that our "FREE-STYLE Dance Programmes" seem to now be categorized as it's own “Teaching Style”.
Although this is a new concept to get our heads around (since all tutoring should at least follow some standardized technical or structural process), as we learn more from these shared class experiences, we are further amazed by the Eureka expressions when a previously learned dance sequence (or dance move) suddenly comes together, particularly for the more active dancers (i.e., those that have been dancing and attending other classes for some time).
Getting to the point . . . after learning so much from our students and their feedback, we can now concede that we do have an apparent “Teaching Style”, so I thought I would at least try to highlight some key elements to our approach and philosophy to our Dance Tutoring & Classes:
1. Learning fundamental technique is more important than learning a sequence of steps or moves;
2. Fundamental technique begins with understanding Music, Rhythm & Timing . . . “what are you hearing and dancing to?”;
3. Ensure that you and your dance partner enjoy dancing even more than you enjoy the music . . . (no easy feat when you believe that you have to think about the myriad of sequences, steps and moves! . . . an approach that is diametrically opposed to our now conceded “Teaching Style”);
4. Learning to Dance (our) “FREE-STYLE” FORMAT (‘Teaching-Style’) is about understanding 5 tenets - Rhythm, Timing, Execution, Lead & Follow.
We believe, wrapped-up in these four (4) elements & five (5) tenets, are the key to learning all the various dance styles, moves and sequences to allow a fun experience and enjoyment for both you and your dance partner.
Injecting the missing ingredients . . . we appreciate that the thought of “starting over” is a bit nerve-wracking, and although we can literally lay 100’s of “new moves” and "dance sequences" on our students, we are less likely to take this approach until the above elements & tenets can be appreciated and explored by new (& old) dance enthusiasts, beginners or experienced dancers.
That being said, our class philosophy and focus is on ensuring that students have fun learning to dance and even more fun dancing in the first instance . . . and then can confidently enjoy dancing and executing all the new stuff they learned . . . so come join the fun . . .
Cheers! - ABDA Admin.
Thank You All for making it Memorable!
To you our patrons and attendees whose feedback and enjoyment have been overwhelmingly positive and gracious! . . . and to the hard working crew who balance work and play . . . With LUV from ABDA!
Music & Rhythm Interpretation, Dance Technique, Timing & Styling in popular B&L Dance Styles:
Best of Salsa Music CD with selected Smooth Salsa Hits, Classic Salsa and Salsa Dance Party Hits.
Most Wanted Bachata and New Bachata Hits MP3 Mega Bundle Download (65 Top Bachata Songs)
Salsa Most Wanted Hits MP3 Mega Bundle with 79 Salsa Hits and all your favorite Salsa Dance Party Music.
Timeless Classic Salsa Dance Hits – MP3 Mega Bundle of 39 Classic Salsa and Mambo Hit Songs with all your favorite salsa music.
Argentine Tango Nuevo Favorites and Classic Argentine TANGO Selected Hits Music CD 1 with a special selection of the most loved Argentine TANGO music.
Latin 3-Step and Rumba Favorites CD with a special selection of the most loved Slow Dance Hits and Latin 3-Step favorites.
Classic Salsa and Mambo Hits – Music CD 1 with a special selection of the most loved salsa music.
Most Loved Cha Cha Cha Latin Dance Favorites Music CD with a special selection of Cha Cha Cha dance hits.
Ballroom Rumba Favorites (24-27 bpm) CD with a special selection of Classic Ballroom Rumba and Slow Dance Hits.
Ballroom and Latin Dance Mix CD-1 featuring: Latin 3-Step, Rumba, Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha Cha, Kizomba, Zouk Compilation Music CD 1.
Bachata Hits Reloaded – Most Wanted Bachata Hits CD1 – Instant MP3 Download (20 Top Bachata Hit Songs)
Classic MERENGUE Hits in a Non-Stop Dance Mix – Music CD – with 40+ Merengue Dance Favorites.