Send Us Your Request:
Whhaaaazzzuuuppp SalsAddicts NewsLetter!
REGISTER NOW for our 2019 Dance Programme!
. . . and start FEELING, LOOKING & DANCING like a STAR!!!
Discover the Passion of the Argentine TANGO, Secrets of Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Zouk/Kizomba, Cha Cha, Rumba & Latin 3-Step and more . . . Dance Styles, Technique & Musicality - Rhythm & Timing, Partnering, Lead & Follow . . . see "Class Schedules" TAB for more!
1. REGISTER NOW for Certification Coaching Programmes & GOLD or PLATINUM CLUB Memberships available now and loaded with goodies . . . GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
2. We’re inviting skilled and seasoned dancers, tutors or groups wishing to join Stage Performance Teams, TDP & FTP Programmes or our Tutor, Coordination & Administrative Teams . . . Contact Us at (868) 627 4237, FaceBook, QUICK UPDATE Message Board or at
BALLROOM & LATIN (B&L) Dance Programme
Regular Dance Classes - FEES:
FTP / TDP Dance Workshops
REGISTER NOW for Certification Coaching Programmes & GOLD or PLATINUM Memberships available now and loaded with goodies . . . GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
Ballroom & Latin Dances:
Inviting all Beginners & Adv. Dancers, Performers & Tutors to join the expanding programmes and opportunities . . . Looking forward to you joining the fun - Contact Us at (868) 627 4237 or FaceBook - see full extended dance classes schedule at Members Network.
1. REGISTER NOW for IDTA CLUB-Latin Coaching Programmes (Tues & Thurs from 6:00 pm) – for those who “may” wish to Challenge the IDTA Medal Tests and other Dance Certification Programmes in the coming period.
2. Can you Get Up To Speed and Ready For the STAGE & LIVE Performances??? . . . Get Ready for the Resurgence of the MAESTROS - the "Men in Black" . vs . the "DIVAs"
. . . Inviting Seasoned Dancers & Choreographers who are fearless, confident, skilled and ready to perform, compete, teach or simply excel and rise to the challenge of mastering 0-60 Performance Choreography in a broad range of dance styles . . . be a Performance MAESTRO or DIVA! . . . all welcomed.
. . . Performance & Choreography Training & Rehearsals . . . for interested dance enthusiasts, performers, groups, tutors and advanced dancers . . . so get on board now and be a part of live stage performances beginning OCTOBER to Christmas!
. . . B&L Performance Dances: Rumba / Latin 3-Step, Hustle, Salsa / Rueda, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Kizomba / Zouk, Argentine Tango & Latin Dance-Mix Performances!
ABDA Members Club Benefits
GOLD & PLATINUM Member Cards ($300) or Special PLATINUM PRO Membership - ($350) for qualified members.
- Access to Special Bonus Class Credits & FREE Classes;
- 10-20% Special Discounts on ABDA Events & Activities;
- Guest-Passes for introduction of New Attendees;
- Make-up Sessions for missed Class Package Sessions;
- Access to any Class Venue for Class Package Attendance;
- Exclusive Access to Special Workshops & Classes (Platinum Members);
- NOTE: Membership Cards remain current or valid for concurrent monthly class attendance. Any concurrent breaks will attract a card Renewal Fee. REGISTER NOW and select GOLD or PLATINUM Membership.
So we have been learning from our students just as much as they have been learning from our B&L Dance Crash-Course and Dance Classes in general, . . . more importantly, we have been made aware that our FREE-STYLE Dance Programmes seem to now be categorized as it's own “Teaching Style”.
Although this is a new concept to get our heads around (since all tutoring should at least follow some standardized technical or structural process), as we learn more from these shared class experiences, we are further amazed by the Eureka expressions when a previously learned dance sequence (or dance move) suddenly comes together, particularly for the more active dancers (i.e., those that have been dancing and attending other classes for some time).
Getting to the point . . . after learning so much from our students and their feedback, we can now concede that we do have an apparent “Teaching Style” so I thought I would at least try to highlight some key elements to our approach and philosophy to our Dance Tutoring & Classes:
1. Learning fundamental technique is more important than learning a sequence of steps or moves;
2. Fundamental technique begins with understanding Music, Rhythm & Timing . . . in other words . . . “what are you hearing and dancing to?”;
3. Ensuring that you and your dance partner enjoy dancing even more than you enjoy the music . . . (no easy feat when you believe that you have to think about the myriad of sequences, steps and moves! . . . an approach that is diametrically opposed to our now conceded “Teaching Style”);
4. Learning to Dance (our) “FREE-STYLE” FORMAT (‘Teaching-Style’) is about understanding 5 tenets - Rhythm, Timing, Execution, Lead & Follow.
We believe, wrapped-up in these four (4) elements & five (5) tenets, are the key to learning all the various dance styles, moves and sequences to allow a fun experience and enjoyment for both you and your dance partner.
We appreciate that the thought of “starting over” is a bit nerve-wracking, and although we can literally lay 100’s of “new moves” and "dance sequences" on our students, we are less likely to take this approach until the above elements & tenets can be appreciated and explored by new (and old) dance enthusiasts, beginners or experienced dancers.
That being said, our class philosophy and focus is on ensuring that students have fun learning to dance and even more fun dancing in the first instance . . . and then can confidently enjoy dancing and executing all the new stuff they learned . . . so come join the fun . . . Cheers! - ABDA Admin.
1. Thanks to the DJs for the Great Music and mood all night long!
2. Thank you for the Colours that kept the spirit and mood colourful and light!
3. Thank you to our Sponsors for contributing to the excitement and success of the event: AS Brydens, VEMCO, RoyTec, CALDATT, Dance Explosion, Amigos Bailadores, ComDevCorp & NABDATT;
4. To you our patrons and attendees whose feedback and enjoyment have been overwhelmingly positive and gracious! . . . and to the hard working crew who had to balance work and play all nite long . . . With LUV from ABDA!