EASE BACK INTO LIFE!
As the Post-Covid Logistics unfold . . . our LATIN DANCE IS EZ - CRASH-COURSE (CC) Workshops are being scheduled to begin AUGUST 2nd 2020 . . . so it's time to get your energy levels back up to speed and burn some of that Covid-induced weight-gain!
We are reaching out to all Past, New, Interested & Committed Dancers & Students to PRE-REGISTER for the CC Programme as we may be limited in possible capacity and need to confirm all arrangements with the Venues in advance as per Post-COVID Protocols.
If you are up to this 5-Week LATIN DANCE CRASH-COURSE Challenge (Bachata / Kizomba / SALSA) . . . Confirm Your Registration by completing the form below, where you will be provided all necessary and follow-up information.
Also like our FaceBook Page for updates!
Your Friend in Dance - ABDA Admin.
Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
REGISTER NOW for our 2020 Dance Programme!
. . . and start FEELING, LOOKING & DANCING like a STAR!!!
Discover the Passion of the Argentine TANGO, Caribbean Smooth Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Zouk / Kizomba, Cha Cha, Rumba & Latin 3-Step and more . . . Dance Styles, Technique & Musicality . . . see "Programmes & Schedules" TABs for more!
1. REGISTER NOW for Certification Coaching Programmes (IDTA, ISTD, DIVIDA (Dvida), DanceSport, etc.) & Special International Certifications in Dance Studies for Dance Tutors, Schools, Achievers & more - (All Optional).
2. GOLD or PLATINUM CLUB Memberships available now and loaded with goodies . . . GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
3. We’re inviting skilled and seasoned dancers, tutors or groups wishing to join Stage Performance Teams, TDP & FTP Programmes or our Tutor, Coordination & Administrative Teams.
BALLROOM & LATIN (B&L) Dance Programme Start FEELING, LOOKING & DANCING like a STAR!
NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS & VENUE:
Each Regular Class Day include 1 BALLROOM-Latin & 1 CLUB-Latin Class Session (1-1¼ hr Each Session)
FEES: Drop-In Class Fee = tt$40 per session or tt$60 for both;
Monthly Class Packages:
Any 1 Class-Day Session Weekly - tt$150 /mth. (4-5 Sess./mth.);
Both Class-Day Sessions Weekly - tt$250 /mth. (8-10 Sess./mth.); .
4+ Sessions Weekly (Any Venue) - tt$350 /mth. (16-20+ Sess./mth.).
REGISTER NOW for Certification & Coaching Programmes & GOLD or PLATINUM Memberships available now and loaded with goodies . . . GIFT a MOM, DAD or FRIEND a lifestyle boost and escape - contact us to get yours!
FTP / TDP & OH Dance Workshops
- PLATINUM CLUB & GOLD Members Benefit Packages
- Tutor Development TDP & FTP Performance Training
- Casino Salsa (Salsa Rueda) & the Argentine TANGO
- Rumba (Int'l & Amer.), Waltz, Swing / Jive;
- Merengue, Bachata, Zouk / Kizomba;
* OPEN-HOUSE (OH) WORKSHOPS:
- ABDA generally follows the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) syllabi with special focus on the Ballroom-Latin Dances and a few of our Ballroom Favorites:
- Rumba (Int'l & Amer.), Waltz, Swing / Jive;
- Samba, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha (Int'l.);
- Argentine TANGO, Latin Line-Dances.
CLUB-Latin Dances - Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
- We add our special blend of Caribbean Flavor, Rhythm & Styling to the various CLUB-Latin Dances, that transcend the basic to advance levels set by the various certification and assessment bodies, to help students and tutors alike to excel to high-performance, professional and an accelerated achievement pathway to their desired goals:
- Merengue, Bachata, Zouk / Kizomba;
- Latin 3-Step, SALSA (On 1 & 2), Pachanga;
- NYC, LA & Cuban Styling SALSA & Rueda;
- Latin Hustle, Cha Cha (Amer./Club-style)
- The Missing Ingredients (Rhythm, Timing & Musicality);
- Free-Style Technique (Lead & Follow, Speed, Balance & Control);
- Silver-Bullet (SB) Dance Programme – Essential Ballroom & Latin Rhythms;
- Caribbean Smooth Salsa (On 1 & 2), Bachata & Latin 3-Step;
Open House (OH) Workshops:
- Secrets of Salsa (SOS) & Latin Dance Crash-Course (CC);
- Zouk & Kizomba Fusion; Cha Cha Cha (Int’l vs Club) Styling ;
- BachaTango and Argentine Tango Technique & Styling for Kizomba;
- Introduction to NeoTango (Narcotango, Improvisation & Free-Styling);
- SOS Hardcore Salsa – Cumbia, Pachanga & Salsa Rueda (Casino Salsa);
- FTP Performance, TDP and Certification Training Programmes.
- Performers, Tutors, Trainers & Students can register for programme credits towards Assessment & Certification Programmes (Optional) as well as Dance Studies (Practicum) International Certification (CID) with CALDATT.
1. REGISTER NOW for CLUB-Latin Certification & Coaching Programmes – for those wishing to Challenge Dance Certification Programmes in the coming period.
2. Can you Get Up To Speed and Ready For the STAGE & LIVE Performances??? . . . Get Ready for the Resurgence of the MAESTROS - the "Men in Black" . vs . the "DIVAs"
. . . Inviting Seasoned Dancers & Choreographers who are fearless, confident, skilled and ready to perform, compete, teach or simply excel and rise to the challenge of mastering 0-60 Performance Choreography in a broad range of dance styles . . . be a Performance MAESTRO or DIVA! . . . all welcomed.
. . . Performance & Choreography Training & Rehearsals . . . for interested dance enthusiasts, performers, groups, tutors and advanced dancers . . . so get on board now and be a part of live stage performances!
. . . B&L Performance Dances: Rumba / Latin 3-Step, Hustle, Salsa / Rueda, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Kizomba / Zouk, Argentine Tango & Latin Dance-Mix Performances!
GOLD & PLATINUM Member Cards ($300) or Special PLATINUM PRO Membership - ($350) for qualified members.
- Access to Special Bonus Class Credits & FREE Classes;
- 10-20% Special Discounts on ABDA Events & Activities;
- Guest-Passes for the introduction of New Attendees;
- Make-up Sessions for missed Class Package Sessions;
- Access to any Class Venue for Class Package Attendance;
- Exclusive Access to Special Workshops & Classes (Platinum Members);
- NOTE: Membership Cards remain current or valid for concurrent monthly class attendance. Any concurrent breaks will attract a card Renewal Fee. REGISTER NOW and select GOLD or PLATINUM Membership.
So we have been learning from our students just as much as they have been learning from our B&L Dance Crash-Course and Dance Classes in general, . . . more importantly, we have been made aware that our "FREE-STYLE Dance Programmes" seem to now be categorized as it's own “Teaching Style”.
Although this is a new concept to get our heads around (since all tutoring should at least follow some standardized technical or structural process), as we learn more from these shared class experiences, we are further amazed by the Eureka expressions when a previously learned dance sequence (or dance move) suddenly comes together, particularly for the more active dancers (i.e., those that have been dancing and attending other classes for some time).
Getting to the point . . . after learning so much from our students and their feedback, we can now concede that we do have an apparent “Teaching Style”, so I thought I would at least try to highlight some key elements to our approach and philosophy to our Dance Tutoring & Classes:
1. Learning fundamental technique is more important than learning a sequence of steps or moves;
2. Fundamental technique begins with understanding Music, Rhythm & Timing . . . “what are you hearing and dancing to?”;
3. Ensure that you and your dance partner enjoy dancing even more than you enjoy the music . . . (no easy feat when you believe that you have to think about the myriad of sequences, steps and moves! . . . an approach that is diametrically opposed to our now conceded “Teaching Style”);
4. Learning to Dance (our) “FREE-STYLE” FORMAT (‘Teaching-Style’) is about understanding 5 tenets - Rhythm, Timing, Execution, Lead & Follow.
We believe, wrapped-up in these four (4) elements & five (5) tenets, are the key to learning all the various dance styles, moves and sequences to allow a fun experience and enjoyment for both you and your dance partner.
Injecting the missing ingredients . . . we appreciate that the thought of “starting over” is a bit nerve-wracking, and although we can literally lay 100’s of “new moves” and "dance sequences" on our students, we are less likely to take this approach until the above elements & tenets can be appreciated and explored by new (& old) dance enthusiasts, beginners or experienced dancers.
That being said, our class philosophy and focus is on ensuring that students have fun learning to dance and even more fun dancing in the first instance . . . and then can confidently enjoy dancing and executing all the new stuff they learned . . . so come join the fun . . . Cheers! - ABDA Admin.
Thank You All for making it Memorable!
To you our patrons and attendees whose feedback and enjoyment have been overwhelmingly positive and gracious! . . . and to the hard working crew who balance work and play . . . With LUV from ABDA!
REGISTER FOR CRASH-COURSE (CC) DANCE WORKSHOPS
SPECIAL VIDEO COLLECTIONS!
GET YOUR DAILY FIX TO PRACTICE AT HOME . . . STAY SAFE!
DANCING is EZ! … if you explore 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝘾𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 and simple formula that makes learning to dance and Latin Dancing – SIMPLE & EAZY – for not just one … but pretty much all of the Latin Dance Styles … ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ’ᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇɴ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ɪɴ ᴏᴠᴇʀ 20 ʏᴇᴀʀs!!!
* Dancing & Learning to Dance is very personal and therefore does not have a fixed or set pattern that fits everyone.
The approach to learning (or teaching) dance should therefore take on a personal or bespoke approach if it is to get an ‘individual’ or ‘student’ to be able to perform similar, complimentary or even better than other dancers … Learning to dance is therefore more about how one can be exposed or learn to:
- Understand Fundamental Technique – Posture, poise, rhythm movement, etc., which should come before, and is much more important than, learning a sequence of dance steps or moves;
- Fundamental technique begins with understanding Music, Rhythm, Timing & Musicality . . . “what you are hearing and dancing to?”;
- Enjoy Dancing . . . but even more . . . listen to and enjoy the music, … as dancing (Latin Dance in particular) is still all about the music;
- Learn to Dance “FREE-STYLE” TECHNIQUE & FORMAT to make your learning process quick & simple through your understanding of Rhythm & Timing (musicality), Execution, Lead & Follow.
We believe that after injecting these ingredients . . . we can then lay 100’s of “new moves” and “dance sequences” on our students with confidence that their dancing can be better appreciated and mastered.
Our class philosophy and focus is therefore on ensuring that students have fun learning to dance and even more fun and confidence to enjoy dancing while executing all the new stuff they learned . . . Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
ABDA Dance School & Organization focus on “PROFESSIONAL DANCE TUITION” – with proven reputation and confidence we host the “𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐙” Crash-Course (CC) Workshop Series (0 to 60 / Beg. to Adv.) in the 𝗞𝗜𝗭𝗢𝗠𝗕𝗔, BACHATA & SALSA / MAMBO!
– LEARN TO DANCE the popular Latin Dance Styles easily & quickly, by focusing on the root dance rhythms, understanding musicality and learning the core blended structures of these popular Latin-Fusion Dance Styles.
This LATIN DANCE CRASH-COURSE (CC) and Dance Classes in general, introduces our “FREE-STYLE” & “CARIBBEAN SMOOTH” Dance Programmes which focus on the core Techniques and Structures that allow participants to quickly learn not just the Focus Workshop Styles, but the fundamental elements that allow them to master all the related Latin Dances easily and quickly.
𝐋ATIN 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐙!!! – 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 . . . as we begin with the KIZOMBA => BACHATA => SALSA Crash-Course (CC) Journey that will have you Dancing Like a STAR in no time!
- MARCH SPECIAL PACKAGES
- ANY 5 CC WORKSHOPS = tt$200 . . . or Special MEMBERS CLUB PACKAGE = tt$300 All Access Pass (SUN & THUR or TUES) . . . Per Session CC Workshops = tt$50 . . . Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
“Fast-Track” (FTP), “Open-House” (OH) & “Crash-Course” (CC) DANCE WORKSHOPS
ABDA Dance Workshops are extended Sessions that focus on Special Dance Styles, Techniques or Skills-Set and are generally conducted over 1 1/2 – 3 hrs in duration.
These workshops are generally faster-paced and concentrated class sessions spanning materials that are usually covered over several of our regular classes.
Workshop Sessions can accommodate from Absolute Beginners to Advance Dancers, as the materials and activities cover a wide range of skills and techniques comprising 3 Key Elements beginning with:
- An Introduction to the Focus Dance Style and it’s Musical Characteristics – Rhythm, Timing & Musicality incorporating Dance Movement.
- The 2nd Stage focus on the Characteristics of the Selected Workshop Dance Style – Techniques or Skills-Set and the execution of related elements of the Selected Dance Style;
- Intermediate to Advance Dance Moves, Combinations & Styling.
On each Regular Class Day we offer:
- 1 BALLROOM-Latin Style Dance Class Session; &
- 1 CLUB-Latin Style Dance Session (1-1¼ hr Each Session)
- * Ask about our Special Package Benefits available via MEMBERS CLUB.
- MARCH SPECIAL PACKAGES:
- ANY 5 CC WORKSHOPS = tt$200 . . . or Special MEMBERS CLUB PACKAGE = tt$300 All Access Pass (SUN & THUR or TUES);
- Per Session Costs: CC Workshops = tt$50 ;
- Regular Class-Day (2) Sessions = tt$40 for Single (1) Session
- OR tt$60 for both Sessions.
- Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
Fast-Track Performance (FTP) / Tutor Development Programme (TDP)
1. We provide BALLROOM & LATIN DANCE Certification & Coaching Programmes for those wishing to Challenge Professional Dance Certification and their Professional or Career Development.
2. We can Get You Up To Speed and Ready for the STAGE & LIVE Performances??? . . . we Invite Seasoned Dancers & Choreographers who are fearless, confident, skilled and ready to perform, compete, teach, or to simply excel and rise to the challenge of mastering 0-60 Performance Choreography in a broad range of dance styles.
3. We offer FTP / TDP Performance & Tutor Training Workshops for B&L Performance Dances: Rumba / Latin 3-Step, Hustle, Salsa / Rueda, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Kizomba / Zouk, Argentine Tango & Latin Dance-Mix Performances! . . . Join our NewsLetter / Chatroom:
Music & Rhythm Interpretation, Dance Technique, Timing & Styling in popular B&L Dance Styles:
ISTD & IDTA Dances: Waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha, Swing / Jive, Samba and more…