About AMIGOS Bailadores:
Amigos Bailadores Dance Associates is a premier dance school in the Caribbean and is managed by a team of experienced dance tutors and administrators led by the Artistic Director, a seasoned dance tutor, choreographer and producer of national, regional and international dance productions and events.
Amigos Bailadores (AmigosBDA or ABDA) has been a leader in the Ballroom and Latin dance community for over 20 years, conducting dance classes and training workshops throughout Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean. Our Dance School remains in the forefront of the dance fraternity and industry with ever evolving dance training programs, dance events and activities.
ABDA specializes in the Ballroom, Latin and extended cultural dances which include the Argentine Tango, Salsa, Mambo, Bachata, Merengue, Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Waltz, Swing, Jive, Samba, Salsa Rueda (Casino Salsa), Pachanga, Zouk, Kizomba, Latin Hustle, Zumba Fitness, Reggaeton and other Caribbean & Fusion Dance Styles.
The Artistic Director:
ABDA’s Founder and Artistic Director is an early pioneer in the wider dance community and has been teaching various styles of dance for over 20 years. He has undergone numerous professional training programs throughout the Caribbean Region, Argentina, Miami and New York. Among his many achievements are:
- Producer and Host of National Dance Competitions since 1998 covering the Ballroom, Latin and Free-Style dances, including the “National Latin Dance-Off Competitions”, the “National Ballroom and Latin Dance Championships“, the “National Rising-Star Dance Competitions” and the “National Free-Style Dance Championships” in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Trained in New York, Miami, Argentina and Trinidad & Tobago, he has conducted dance workshops throughout the Caribbean and is regionally respected as a Master Tutor.
- The first Qualified and Certified Argentine TANGO Dance Tutor in the Caribbean by the International Dance Tutors Association (IDTA – UK), a regional dance competition adjudicator, choreographer and a highest accredited Gold Medal Holder in the IDTA Club Latin Dances since 2005, he holds the undisputed “King of Salsa” title in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Artistic & Programme Director – Principal Tutor – Amigos Bailadores (www.AmigosBDA.com);
- Programme Coordinator – Caribbean Dance Explosion (www.CaribbeanDanceExplosion.org);
- Executive Member – Caribbean & Latin Dance Association of Trinidad & Tobago (CALDATT.com)
- Past Executive & Current Member – National Dance Association of Trinidad & Tobago (NDA);
- Past Executive & Current Member – National Ballroom Dance Association of T&T (NABDATT);
- Member of the International Dance Council (CID-UNESCO), United Nations of Dance – Paris, France;
- Member & Qualified Tutor of the International Dance Tutors Association (IDTA) – United Kingdom (UK);
- Licensed Dancercise Aerobics and ZUMBA Fitness® Instructor: specializing in ZUMBA Basic® (for the young at heart), Zumba GOLD® (for mature beginners and unconditioned participants), Zumba TONING® (for a tighter muscle frame for all participants) and ZumbAtomic® (Zumba® for Kids). This program is administered and conducted in collaboration with Caribbean Fitness Inc., Dance Explosion and CALDATT.
Among his many professional achievements, expertise and qualifications, his certifications in this field also include CPR / AED First Aid Certifications and Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Primary Group Exercise Instructor Certification and Group Resistance Training Certification, which demonstrates his commitment to professionalism and personal development in dance, safety in dance, aerobics training, health and fitness. He is also certified and license to teach:
ZUMBA®, ZUMBA Toning®, ZUMBA Gold®, Zumbatomic®, ZIN™, Zumba Fitness® logos are all trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under License.